The Vermilion Chamber of Commerce takes pride in making available a scholarship to a student in Vermilion Parish affiliated with the Vermilion Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber Scholarship is funded by setting aside $5 of every chamber membership into our scholarship fund. This is the Vermilion Chamber’s way of giving back to our membership.
This is a local scholarship for Vermilion Chamber of Commerce members. Applicants from outside this area who are not employees or family members of employees from your local office may be disqualified. Any student of parents who are employed by a Vermilion Chamber of Commerce member in good standing, or any employee or owner of a member in good standing are eligible to apply. Scholarships can be utilized for full or part-time tuition to any college undergrad or graduate program, for technical college or for community college. Tuition statement required for proof of enrollment prior to release of funds.
- The applicant must be pursuing post-secondary education at either a two-year or four-year educational or vocational institution.
- The applicant must have completed at least one semester at the post-secondary education institution with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
- Applicants will be selected based on
- Participation and leadership in school activities and work experience;
- Response to the essay question;
- Economic need; and
- Academic achievement.
- Applicant selected to receive the scholarship will be notified during the first week of January.
- Applicant and his/her parents will be invited to the Chamber Membership Social to be recognized as the recipient of the scholarship. If applicant is unable to attend the Membership Social due to circumstances beyond his/her control, applicant must submit a letter in writing to the Chamber Education Committee citing the reason for the absence one week prior to the event, or the scholarship will be forfeited.
Applications for the Chamber Scholarship open in July.